Update from William Sheehan - Hotel Manager
Dear Devon Inn Hotel Guests,
We are delighted to let you know that the hotel will reopen on the 10th July 2020.
In anticipation of our return to business we are working hard on our plan which will respond to the new requirements and expectations and will be in line with our Government and The World Health Organisation Protocols.
Paramount to us is assuring you, our guest, that we are well prepared, our hotel is clean as always to the highest standards, disinfected and that our team understand the seriousness of this pandemic.
The Devon Inn Hotel’s guidelines will be highly visible in the style and form of service we offer to our guests. Others are intended to address all areas of the hotel including those not visited by our guests. In all cases, the health of our colleagues and guests is the most important consideration.
In the meantime, we wish you well and thank you from our hotel family for your continued loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to enjoy our warm hospitality and service.
William Sheehan & The Staff of the Devon Inn Hotel
KEEPING YOU SAFE THROUGHOUT COVID-19
Covid-19 Safety Protocol
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- You will receive communication helping to reduce contact time at our Reception Desk.
- Safety information will be sent to you, explaining the procedures that you will need to be mindful of when interacting with anyone in the hotel.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- You will be invited to sanitize your hands upon arrival. Sanitizing stations will be available.
- If you are part of a family gathering, we encourage just one member of your party to approach the check-in desk, while the others relax in the lobby area.
WHAT YOU WILL NOTICE DURING YOUR STAY
- All colleagues will wear PPE equipment where stipulated by Government health and the WHO guidelines.
- Automatic social distancing monitors will be operating at the reception desk.
- Hand sanitisers will be readily available throughout the main hotel and non-visible service areas of the hotel.
- Signage to encourage and remind people about regular hand cleaning and social distancing protocols will be visible throughout the hotel and non-visible service areas.
- Touchless payment and emailed invoices will be encouraged.
- Furniture will be rearranged to allow for adequate social distancing.
- Restaurant tables will be adequately spaced apart and the number of diners will be reduced in both restaurants, in line with safety protocols.
- All meals will be provided “a la carte” style, some cold items may be available for hand collection and we ask that you maintain social distancing practice.
- All condiments have been removed from dining tables and can be served to you by your waiting team.
- Menus will be sanitized after each use.
- In-room dining will be conducted with minimal contact or you can opt to have your order left outside your door. All food is covered throughout transit.
In Your Room:
- Government and WHO guidelines for cleaning and sanitising guest rooms will be adhered to. Frequently touched areas will be thoroughly disinfected regularly during your stay. (ie: telephones, remote controls, handles, taps etc).
- We use Oxivir which both cleans and sanitizes in one, while supporting our fight against Covid19. This product also protects our team and our guests from toxic emissions from cleaning chemicals and reduces allergic reactions to chemicals.
- In-room cutlery/crockery will be machine washed at temperatures of no less than 82C.
- In-room bins are disinfected with Oxivir.
- Housekeeping service will be once per day and can be arranged at a time that suits you. Alternatively, you can communicate with our housekeeping team using provided door hanger signs. (ie: Towels and Water Only, No Service Required)
- Room attendants will wear a fresh set of disposable PPE for each room that they clean. These will be disposed of in line with Government guidelines.
- Bed linen will be handled with extreme care so as to avoid lifting dust. Linen will be bagged, sealed and removed for laundering. All linen is laundered at a minimum of 70C for at least 25 minutes.
- Housekeeping will open windows when servicing a room, ensuring adequate ventilation.
BEHIND THE SCENES
- Prominent signage and hand sanitiser dispensers are located throughout the service and back areas of the hotel.
- All public areas are cleaned and sanitised in line with Government and WHO guidelines. Extra care is given to sanitise high-touch points such as chair arms, tables, handrails, door handles etc.
- Food Safety/HACCP* – We will continue to observe the strictest good hygiene practice across all areas of food preparation for our restaurants and in-room dining. *Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point.
- All dining areas will be ventilated after each meal period.
- Goods delivered to the hotel will be inspected, and goods arriving in dirty containers or unsatisfactory vehicles will be immediately rejected.
- Our loading bays are equipped with alcohol hand sanitisers for both the suppliers and our own colleagues.
- Our goods received area will be cleaned and disinfected at regular intervals and after each period of use.
- All food and food contact goods are date coded on arrival and quarantined as appropriate in a designated area. Dry goods are left for 48-72 hours before transferring them to our food stores.
- Chilled Items – where possible outer packaging is removed on unloading, otherwise outer packaging will be cleaned using the appropriate cleaning agents.
- Deliveries are scheduled to allow sufficient time between deliveries to adhere to our safety protocols and also to allow for safe distancing during delivery times.
- Waste collection will never coincide with linen and food deliveries.
- Service elevators are treated in the same way as guest elevators. Social distancing among colleagues must be adhered to and the elevators are repeatedly disinfected – paying particular attention to buttons and hand rails.
IN THE KITCHEN
- Kitchens and food prep areas continue to be regularly sanitised and extra care is given to high-touch points. ie: food equipment, food contact surfaces, chopping boards etc.
- We have limited the number of colleagues to a minimum and workstations have been re-arranged so that colleagues are not facing each other.
- All kitchen teams wear disposable masks, gloves, hairnets and other safety equipment as dictated by HACCP based policies. All items are sanitised with appropriate cleaning chemicals, cleaned and replaced as per local policies.
- Our chefs will limit the menus, until further notice, for quality assurance.
- Menu choices have been revised to avoid raw foods or foods that can not be sanitised correctly. This would include items such as non-sanitised salad greens and unpasteurised cheeses.
- All knives and utensils are pasteurised in a dishwasher at a rinse of 82C or sterilised using an autoclave or boiling water.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY MEASURES OUR COLLEAGUES ARE TAKING
- Mandatory temperature checks will be implemented at the start of each work shift.
- Any colleague experiencing COVID-19 symptoms will be asked not to attend work and to contact their local Public Health centre.
- Hand sanitiser will be used before entering the hotel premises, throughout the day and again when leaving.
- Colleagues have been instructed to avoid any unnecessary contact or conversation with guests. Naturally we are saddened to have to enforce this protocol, as it is out of nature, however we must keep safety to the forefront.
- Supervisors will monitor the proper use of all PPE and ensure that it is disposed of and replaced in accordance with Government guidelines.
- Colleague shifts are staggered to ensure adequate social distancing during break times and all colleagues will comply with the 2m social distancing rules.
- Additional training has been provided and supervisors will continue to monitor strict compliance with regards to regular hand washing and hygienic cough etiquette.
- All windows will be kept open where possible for good ventilation.
- Offices have been rearranged to apply to social distancing regulations.
- We have implemented “working from home” where reasonable, to allow for more adequate office space.
- High touch-points in offices are disinfected regularly.
- Colleague meetings will adhere to social distancing protocol and all necessary sanitisation of meeting space will be implemented. Windows will be open for adequate ventilation and tables/chairs etc will be disinfected after each use.
We look forward to welcoming all of our Loyal Customers again very soon!